Thursday, July 7, 2011

Are you waiting?

 Waiting. Definately something we all have to do and something we all probably don't like doing so much. It may seem that there is always something we are waiting on- a dream to be fulfilled, a promise to come to pass, a goal achieved, brokenness to be mended etc. One day in the midst of my waiting I felt God ask me how I would act or respond if I knew the answer were to come sooner than later, today rather than tomorrow?  I responded with well I would act and walk in faith! It's easier to act in faith when we have a confidence that the answer is right around the corner. And that may even be the case, but for those times that we wait and wait a little bit longer we still need to walkin faith just as if we were promised the answer today. Why can we be confident and walk in faith? 1 John 5 14 says "And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him. And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that He will give us what we ask for." Psalm 89:8b says "You are entierly faithful."  We can be confident and walk in fath in the midst of waiting because we know we serve an entirely faithful God who hears His kids when they pray. Not only can we be confident that He hears us but we can have confidence that He will answer us. What good news! There's no such thing as an empty promise with God! So rest in Him, and enjoy the waiting season while you're in it. I'm confident there are things God will reveal to you there.

"Yet I am confident I will see the LORD'S goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." Psalm 27:13-14

"Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for Him to act." Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment