Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Share it with Me

As a single young adult I often find myself desiring to share the overflow of my heart with someone, someone where it seems that there is a heart and deep spiritual connection because that is edifying to the spirit. Don't get me wrong- I'm not bashing the single season nor do I want to rush God's hand onto the next season but that is one of the  things I notice that I long for. I've been telling God that recently as I've noticed that longing intensifying and this morning He simply whispered to my spirit "Share it with Me". Why I didn't think of that sooner is beyond me but how fitting His whisper was. Of course He wants me to share my overflow with Him, to share the deepest things in my heart, desires, burdens, dreams, etc. with Him. He created us for relationship with Him, He longs for that deep communion with us.  Just like when someone you are dating begins to open up and share matters of the heart, it brings you joy that they chose to share it with you. I believe that God is elated when we choose to spend time communing with Him and sharing the deep parts of our hearts with Him, even the simple things too. It's what He has always wanted, and I want to be sure that I give that to Him today. There is no man out there that I would have more of a heart and deep spiritual connection with than I do with Jesus. The One that created my heart and my spirit, the One who breathes life into it. I still believe that God said two are better than one, and that it's not good for man to be alone. I also know the specific desires God has put in my heart to be a supporting wife and join my husband in being a dynamic team for the Kingdom. And I believe at the right time He will bring all that to pass and I will have a second person to share my overflow with :) But until then....I will no longer fret about that longing because God invited me to share it with Him.

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly, He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23

No comments:

Post a Comment