Thursday, June 23, 2011

Song of Songs 1:4

The last year God has taken me on an amazing faith journey. I moved away from home for the first time and started to attend Rhema Bible Training Center. God has shown me much in the past year and continually revealed His heart andWord to me. After moving away, my eyes became open to all the oppurtunitys that are available to me now. I used to be quite the home body, so it suprised even me when I moved to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, I love my family to pieces but I'm so glad I did. I kind of see is as the time that I finally took God out of the box I put Him in. And now I want to run with Him, wherever He leads I want to follow. I've never been so hungry to serve than I have been this past year. It is my hearts desire to serve God through serving my spouse (who i believe will be in ministry) and I found myself waiting to really get into ministry until I could join my husband in a minstry team. God got my attention one day and simply told me "You don't have to wait, you have been called too". This has motivated me to start serving and doing minstry now, instead of waiting to join my spouses team. I feel strongly led to do a mission trip in the near future, especially to Haiti. I know that God is able to provide the resources and the finances for this to come to pass. I'm excited for any mission oppurtunitys to come now and in the future. There's a song that is called "Set the World On Fire" and a line that says "I wanna feed the hungry children, and reach across the farthest land. Tell the broken there is healing and mercy in the Father's hand" that line describes the cry of my heart, I think it kind of goes along with Isaiah 61 "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that capitives be releasesed and prisoners will be  freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the LORD'S favor has come, and with it the day of God's anger against their enemies. to all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for His own glory." verses 1-3. I want to do that, I want to be God's tool that He uses regardless of where it takes me. But I know it will be good, if I'm walking alongside my God, it's only good ahead.  Song of Songs 1:4 says "Draw me after You and let's run together!" thats the plan- I want to draw near to God and run with Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment