Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Obedient to carry it out

Do you ever feel burdened or compelled to carry out a task? Something that just becomes so heavy on your heart to do? This past month or so I’ve had something like this, an urging on the inside that I cannot ignore, but to choose to be obedient to what God asks of me even when it seems hard. He knows what I can handle and gives me the strength to do it. This task became hard because of the reminder of the emotional baggage that came with it, I found myself asking God to lighten the load and I was tempted to ask if there was a way I could stop doing as He asked me, the task was one that I wanted to do, but I couldn’t block my emotions from it. It was giving and loving with no return, to continue to pray for someone without really seeing results myself but trusting that God was at work. It became draining trying to pour myself into someone who didn’t really care. As I was whining to God, He gave this picture of His love. How He constantly loves and gives to people who reject it or are ignorant to it. But that doesn’t stop God from loving and for pursuing His people. I then realized that I was looking at it selfishly, if God can constantly pour Himself into people, love people, give to people and die for people who reject Him, I can strive to do the same for someone who rejects me. I’m amazed at how deep our Father’s love is, that rejection never stops His compassion- what true love He has for us! I would encourage you to continue being obedient even when it seems hard, there is a purpose God has laid that task on your heart, and He will help you carry it out.
“You are their glorious strength. It pleases You to make us strong.” Psalm 89:17

No comments:

Post a Comment