Saturday, June 25, 2011

He calls me Hephzibah

A couple weeks ago the word “Hephzibah” kept coming across my path, I knew it was in the Bible but I didn’t know where and I didn’t know what it meant. I felt God was bringing this word to my attention for a purpose so I looked it up, “Hephzibah” in Hebrew means “The Lord’s delight is in her.” It is used in Isaiah 62 “The LORD will hold you in His hand for all to see- a splendid crown in the hand of God. Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City” or “The Desolate Land.” Your new name will be Hephzibah, “The City of God’s Delight” and “The Bride of God,” for the LORD delights in you and will claim you as His bride.”  Verses 3-4 a little further down in the second part of verse 5 its says “Then God will rejoice over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride.”
            I was thrilled to find the meaning of Hephzibah, there definitely was a reason God kept bringing it up. Not so much now but in the past I have struggling much with believing the deception that I was ugly, unwanted, alone and unworthy of love. God has faithfully revealed His truth to me that I have value in Him, to Him I’m beautiful and wanted- He chose me, and if I didn’t have worth He wouldn’t have sent His Son to die so I could be saved, whole, peaceful and healed. His love is so great.
            Now that I know that truth, there are still times satan tries to remind me of that old deception I once believed. Whether it be from something someone said, a broken relationship, or just how I feel I look that day. But now I have weapons to fight back with! J God’s Word says that I am the head and not the tail, above and never beneath, no weapon formed against me can prosper, greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world, everything I put my hand to prospers, I’m seated with Christ in Heavenly places, I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, I’m fearfully and wonderfully made and I am God’s masterpiece. And now- I know God calls me Hephzibah, no longer forsaken or desolate, but a girl in whom He delights. Now that’s powerful! Zephaniah 3:17 says “For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a Mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
            Our Mighty Savior rejoices over you with gladness! It doesn’t matter what you see when you look in the mirror, what someone has said about you, or who has given you up- you are a precious jewel to God, and He takes delight in you- He calls you Hephzibah! Don’t believe satan’s deception like I once did- know the truth and throw it back at the enemy when he’s trying to get you down. You are beautiful, loved, wanted, and very much valued in God’s eyes. The very God who created the earth thought about you, wanted you, created you, and has a plan for you. He made you good- other people’s opinions should nolonger matter, because created you with a purpose, you are His masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment